Sunday, March 13, 2011

a little bit of feminism for you...

I love movies!
I love going to the theatre and getting a big greasy tub of pop corn and Swedish fish and I love when people get really into a movie and clap or laugh loudly. there is something comforting about being a part of a group of people watching art and being moved collectively. But as a woman I often find it hard to see movies about women and their stories that dont involve landing a man or some sort of love story. I saw "girl interupted" when I was in high school and that was the first time I saw a movie that I felt spoke to me from the perspective of woman. It really is rare that you see multiple women in films talking to each other, and being supportive of one another, and we wonder why our culture thinks girl bashing is "just the way things are."  I thought I would share these videos because I thought that maybe it would get you to question the "way things are" with me as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment