Monday, May 9, 2011

hot mess


I am a hot mess.

I am not going to lie.

I have been shooting a ton of stuff for other people along with my finals, which we photo students at Columbia so aptly refer to it as “hell week”

My eyebrows look like 2 large caterpillars, my hair is a flat mess, my nails have been bitten to a stub, I have a stress pimple the size of a peanut, and I have been doing a project on eating which has in turn helped me to gain what I am guessing is a good 5 pounds.

But I am making work
I am being creative.
I am expressing my views
I am pushing myself
I am problem solving
I am stepping out on a limb
I am experimenting
I am taking risks 
I am learning from failures
I am learning more about the people around me.
I am engaging my friends
I am expanding my ideas
I am apart of a community of great artists
I am doing.

At the end of the day, stress pimples and doughnut weight are a small price to pay to feel empowered, alive, and satisfied.
And revolutionary self-love forgives messy appearances and red velvet cake binges when it means that you are happy doing things, rather than just looking the part. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment