Monday, February 7, 2011

back from Hiatus

Ok I dropped the ball
I have way too many irons in the fire right now and have neglected my blog writing for a week or so. Mostly because school and editing photos of naked ladies has taken up most of my time.
But instead of a well thought out blog about my thoughts on some subject   I am going to give you a half assed blog on things I like right now.
1)      Teavana tea- I am a huge fan of tea to begin with but all these teas are packed full of things the overly eager tea sales people tell me will change my life. I am not sure if it’s true or not but It’s delicious.

2)      Shaundria Blythe and her rockstar making abilities. I plan to take some photos of my hair in studio 2 today but shaundria gave me a rad red head and I love her for it. Call (312) 985-0189 to book an appointment with her.
3)      The Book “Girl Power- the 90’s revolution in rock music” I loved it! I am a huge fan of the music from the early 90’s and I had just finished “girls to the front: the true story of the riot grrrl revolution” and both of them were really informative and inspiring as a woman who loves music. It was really amazing to see what a vast influence Bikini Kill had on music and culture even living in a time before social networking and fast information. They had a grass roots revolution that started with a bunch of teenage girls. That’s pretty powerful. I hope to blog more on my thoughts about this book.  
4)      Meditation- every school semester I reach a point where I may maliciously pummel someone. This has helped me visualize all the things that are frustrating me leaving me as I exhale. I have been trying to do it more often. I like to do it at night before I go to bed. It helps me clear my thoughts and let go of the struggles from each day.
5)      Crème Brule- I had it for the first time on Saturday and I fell in love. Tristan told me that the kind I had wasn’t even that good, if that is true my mind is boggled. I want to try making it soon.
6)      Mimosas- because what better way to start a long day of work then with crepes and mimosas.

7)      Vitamin E and Fish oil. I have awful skin; it’s just something I have come to accept about myself. Its dry, it’s prone to break out and it’s more often then not slightly red. I started taking Fish oil and Vitamin E in the last few weeks and have noticed a considerable difference.
8) and for those of you who love Jamba Juice for their delicious smoothies they sell them in your freezer section now for 3 bucks and they taste exactly the same. I am beyond excited about this. and if you didnt know Your welcome!

So there you have it.  Leave comments about the things you are liking this week…

1 comment:

  1. i have a torch especially for creme brulee and by the way i make a GOOD one.

    ReplyDelete